A home without a garden seems lifeless. Plants symbolize life. Flowering plants and trees bearing with fruits signify fertility. How do you make your garden charmed and enchanting? Installing water fountains is one way that you can transform your garden into an extraordinary setting. The water that comes out of a fountain, the sound of chirping birds playing around it, and the cold wind that it brings can make your garden an enchanting place where you can hang out each time that you feel stressed and tired.
Aside from having a water garden fountain, here are other ways that you should consider doing:
- Clean and weed out your garden. Get your hands dirty (or you may want to use gloves if you want). Remove the dead plants and weeds. Make sure that the only things that you can find in your garden are your plants. One natural way to get rid of weeds is to spray them directly with vinegar.
- Organize your garden. You can make your garden look organized by separating plants according to their sizes or flower colors. In addition, do not plant them too close together so that when they grow up, they have enough space to expand.
- Define your garden by edging the garden beds. You can use a lawn edger or your trimmer after you have cleared the dead plants and leaves. Do this at the beginning of summer or fall.
- If you have not yet started planting, make sure to prepare your area carefully. Kill the grass using a herbicide and then cover it with a plastic sheeting for up to six weeks to make sure that the roots of the grass are dead.
- Have it landscaped. Oftentimes, you may need the help of a professional especially if you are new to gardening. People who are involved in landscaping are familiar with the proper ways of organizing and maintaining a garden. They can also install an irrigation system for your garden, especially if you have a big garden to maintain. If you feel that you have done your best to make your space beautiful yet you are not contented as to its appearance, it is better to consult the services of a landscapist.
- Create a focal point. If you have not yet decided to get one, consider getting a water fountain for your garden. Water fountains easily draw the attention of any visitor, including birds and other animals, because of the aesthetic value that it brings to your garden. It comes in various forms and sizes so even if you have a small yard, you can easily select a type of water fountain that will suit your lawn size.
As mentioned, water fountains can transform your ordinary garden into a magnificent work of art. Having one in your lawn creates a feeling of peacefulness and calmness, perhaps due to the water that comes out of it. If you have one in your garden, no matter how plain it looks, you will find it homey and soothing because of the presence of a water fountain.